Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Kayak Class

Never been in one, a kayak that is.
I'm driving nearly three hours to be in an all-day class
on the White River in Bull Shoals State Park outside of Mountain Home, Arkansas.


I turned 60 this year, so I may be loosing my mind.
Or I may be trying to catch up.
Or I may be tired of  "all work and no play."


No matter.
I am glad I have the gusto and guts to go.


Hope I don't sunburn myself to melanoma stage.
Hope I don't act like the oldest, dumbest, weakest one in the group.
Hope my new lunch bag doesn't secretly give off an image about me like "She's old" or
"She's an oar short" or "She sure doesn't know how to pick out lunch bags."
I better be more worried about staying afloat than about my image.

KAYaking  here I come!!! Yippeeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment