Monday, November 10, 2014

Unburdened


The unanswers, anxieties,
and clamor of things
that need plans laid
and  decisions made took a back seat as I walked
from my car to work's door this morning.


Startled from my self-absorption, I noticed
color had arrived in the many trees
dotting the campus.
Reds, oranges, and yellows amid the fading green--
all against a backdrop of sky blue.
The morning breeze scurried leaves
in swirls on the ground,
and the morning sun poured
through the colander of trees
creating shadows and shafts of dancing light.

I looked and saw,
tasted and knew
God is good.

This  masterpiece morning reminded me that
the Master Artist, the ever-present I AM
knows, sees, and acts
in this world,
in the pain,
in the present,
in my life.

With morning and all its color, light, and gust
giving my face a last caress
before I entered a day's worth of insideness,
I smiled grateful for hope anew.

 


by ckh --  experienced at Baptist Health-North Little Rock 11/10/14

1 comment:

  1. "You can see a lot by just observing."
    Yogi Berra

    ReplyDelete