Monday, April 22, 2013

Night Watching



Zach the Cat looks out the window.
And I type words.
It's late.
But he's supposed to be up--nocturnal and all.
I'm supposed to be in bed--going to work in the morning and needing rest and all.
But Zach and I are both
night watching.

We look for things that move in the dark,
That get our attention,
That hold our interest,
That challenge us.
He watches for a couple of neighborhood cats
Who would dare walk, sniff, and possibly mark his territory.
Me, I watch for another thought,
Or a God whisper,
Or a possible revelation,
Or a new encounter 
Through writing, reading, even through silence.

Zach watches on the outside.
I watch on the inside.
Exterior.
Interior.
We both enjoy 
Night watching.
Just like God made us to.
But I think Zach enjoys it more.

                                           
                                Zack looks a lot like this cat in this painting that I copied from Google images.

2 comments:

  1. Love the way you expressed it....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this post. It is wonderfully written and gives such a sweet insight into both your heart and Zach's!

    ReplyDelete