Friday, September 23, 2011

The Gentle Making of a Thoughtful Life of Beauty . . . .

That's what I want to be doing.

Yet I run ragged with my hair on fire.

When I do that,  I miss you . . . and I miss me . . . and I miss God . . . and I miss so many other gracious, loving, unique gifts God has placed right in front of me, all around me.

I collapsed on the sofa after work this week and breathed in the smell of a hard rain coming down. I smiled as it thundered.

More, more I thought.

I didn't want it to end. It was God's aroma and music therapy while I laid still inhaling it all in--listening and smiling and feeling.

But times like that are exceptions.

I need, I want more "exceptions" and less rules so that I may participate in and receive the gentle making of a thoughtful life of beauty.

Hear my prayer, O Lord.     ....amen....


(The title of my blog is taken from Ann Voskamp's blog "A Holy Experience"  http://www.aholyexperience.com/ She quotes from Rumors of Water: Thoughts on Creativity and Writing.)


For more, listen to Audrey Assad's "Restless" . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0B2ybZpDeM

No comments:

Post a Comment