Sunday, May 15, 2011

Deck Strain...I Mean Stain

Do you like my deck?
You're right.
This isn't my deck nor my home nor my neighborhood.
My humble deck is 1/8th the size of this pictured deck.


After the eight or so steps over the last eight days of readying my deck to stain (thank you Google for guiding me to those helpful steps and stages of deck cleaning, brightening, washing, etc.), I finally applied my water-based (acrylic), semi-transparent, light redwood stain yesterday.
Today I'm applying moist heat to my back. I don't get why it strained my body to stain my deck. Surely not the age thing...?

I think there are slight images
of cat paw and cat rear prints in one corner.
I would have never believed my picky cat would walk across and sit down on a freshly (stinky) stained deck.

Unlike God who declared, "I make all things new" (Rev. 21:5), I can only make my deck like new . . . for a while  . . . until it fades and needs another go-around next year.

SO GLAD this project is completed.
Now on to the list of 48 other home projects....

No comments:

Post a Comment