Friday, January 14, 2011

God Was Present Today

Today at my hospital was so meaningful and incredible.


Baptist Health-North Little Rock, AR


I watched a dynamite team of nursing educators orchestrate an appreciation luncheon for our Nursing Associates (NA) and Information Associates (IA) at Baptist Health-NLR. Approximately 85 people attended, including administration, supervisors, directors, nursing shift supervisors . . . and one chaplain. The tables were elaborately decorated with Scripture place mats, Scripture name plates, flowers, and miniature sheep.

As we all ate a fabulous plated lunch at white-clothed tables, one of the team's nursing educators gave a devotional full of God's love and the hospital's appreciation for our NAs and IAs,  Tears welled up in my eyes as I took in that wonderful devotional. Then a crazy, creative, laughter-filled video was shown full of more appreciation for the NAs and IAs.

 At the end I had the group get up and clump together and then had the management and administration surround them--all holding hands. I tried to pray a prayer of blessing for our wonderful NAs and IAs, but I continually got choked up because the presence of God was there in our midst . . . moving among us and within us.

Thanks to that educator nursing team, and thanks be to God for such a day of delight, blessing, and renewal. God is at work at Baptist Health-NLR and within me.
Thank You, O Lord.

1 comment:

  1. http://stacijguthrie.blogspot.com/January 16, 2011 at 1:57 PM

    I love it when you go to something and are so caught off guard when we realize God is moving at that very moment - and we didn't expect it! It was a blessing given and one acknowledged and received! I love that.

    ReplyDelete